Maple City Health Care Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center dedicated to fostering a healthy community by providing affordable, accessible, and integrated quality health care. We prioritize welcome, inclusion, respect, and a commitment to the well-being of both our patients and our employees.
The Medical Interpreter/Translator is a member of the Interpreter team. The Medical Interpreter/Translator supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center (MCHCC) by assisting staff and patients in communication.
Salary Range: $17.75-21.00
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists staff in communicating with patients who prefer to communicate in Spanish
- Completes translations for Maple City Health Care Center materials as needed
- Utilizes EMR and other communication tools
- Other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
- This description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Native mastery of English/Spanish oral, aural, and written
- Attention to detail, strong time management skills, ability to self-organize and self-monitor
- Openness to work with interpreter team to learn together and work towards improved systems and skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Although Medical Interpreter National Board Certification and/or other certificates/studies in interpreting and translation from reputable organizations are strongly preferred, if skills are sufficient, certification will not be required upon hire. Interpreters who have not completed a 40-hour minimum interpreter course will be encouraged to complete coursework within their first two years at Maple City Health Care Center
- Ability to perform prolonged or extensive standing and walking
- Ability to perform considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this work
- We are required by federal law to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package (Retirement plan, health insurance, childcare reimbursement)
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A supportive and inclusive workplace culture
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the healthcare experience in our community
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter that highlights your experience and how your unique background will contribute to our team. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Maple City Health Care Center is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other protected status under the law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and the patients we serve.